Nova Craft Prospector 17 TuffStuff
The Nova Craft Prospector 17 is ideal for taking family trips, be it for a week or a weekend it has loads of volume to be at home loaded up with camping kit or picnic, easy to paddle on flat rivers and estuaries, white water or coastal and lakes.
With a shallow arch hull the canoe is nice and stable and easy to learn from, and gain experience and technical ability as you build your confidence levels. With the canoe having a symmetrical design it does mean the boat can be paddled solo for those longer expeditions where you take everything with you. There is enough room for up to 3 adults maybe 4 but certainly 2 adults and 2 smaller children. If you don’t need quite so much room then have a look at the smaller versions Nova Craft Prospector 16 and Nova Craft Prospector 15.
TuffStuff is a composite material made of basalt and Innegra fibers. When they are woven together into a cloth and infused with our high impact vinylester resin system, the result is simply amazing! TuffStuff canoes are a great choice for paddlers looking for a light canoe thats tough enough to last – the perfect replacement for Royalex.
SP3 is a very strong and durable roto-moulded triple layer polyethylene plastic construction. SP3 is perfect for everyone from occasional paddlers to busy hire centres and clubs.
- Lightweight TuffStuff Construction.
- Aircraft grade black anodized aluminum gunwales.
- ABS Deck End Plates.
- Built-in Bow and Stern Buoyancy
- Ash Bootlace Seats
- Ash carry handles at bow and stern.
- Ash Thwart
- Deluxe sculpted ash centre yoke (In our opinion the best Canoe Yoke on the market), shaped to spread the weight across your shoulders evenly and even got a small notch for the small bone in your neck.
- Shallow arch shaped hull gives initial stability whilst a moderate rocker allows good manoeuvrability.
- Length: 17ft / 518cm
- Width: 36in / 91.4cm
- Center Depth: 15in / 38.1cm
- End Depth: 23in/ 58.4cm
- Rocker: 2.5in / 6.4cm
- Weight: 58lb / 26.3kg
Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 1200lbs / 545kg