Nova Craft Prospector 15 Tuff Stuff
A flat water touring boat without the extra volume, with its shallow curved hull the Nova Craft Prospector 15 gives great initial stability for both the new and experienced paddler. The slight rocker gives the boat great agility meaning it’s a great all rounder, great for taking you, a friend and your picnic lunch or your pet out for the day around the coast or on flat water rivers, but it’s also at home running through white water rapids. With nice high sides from front to back will deflect water giving a drier ride than other canoes even on bigger waves and rapids. With a symmetrical design front to back this boat is easy to paddle as both solo or as a tandem crew. This boat has plenty of room for 2 paddlers and some kit for an overnight camp etc, although if you wanted a boat so you can go on longer trips we would recommend the Nova Craft Prospector 16 or Nova Craft Prospector 17.
TuffStuff is a composite material made of basalt and Innegra fibers. When they are woven together into a cloth and infused with our high impact vinylester resin system, the result is simply amazing! TuffStuff canoes are a great choice for paddlers looking for a light canoe thats tough enough to last – the perfect replacement for Royalex.
TuffStuff Exp is a robust heavier duty version of the standard TuffStuff construction. These canoes are an excellent choice for an expedition grade canoe for extended trips and occasional lower-grade whitewater use. Stiff for great performance, incredible impact resistance and lightweight all in one canoe.
SP3 is a very strong and durable roto-moulded triple layer polyethylene plastic construction. SP3 is perfect for everyone from occasional paddlers to busy hire centres and clubs.
- Lightweight TuffStuff or TuffStuff Expedition Construction.
- Aircraft grade black anodized aluminum gunwales.
- ABS Deck End Plates.
- Built-in Bow and Stern Buoyancy
- Ash Bootlace Seats
- Ash carry handles at bow and stern.
- Deluxe sculpted ash centre yoke (In our opinion the best Canoe Yoke on the market), shaped to spread the weight across your shoulders evenly and even got a small notch for the small bone in your neck.
- Shallow arch shaped hull gives initial stability whilst a moderate rocker allows good manoeuvrability.
- Length � 15ft / 457cm
- Width � 36in / 91.4cm
- Bow Depth � 23in / 58.5cm
- Centre Depth � 14.5in / 36cm
- Stern Depth � 23in / 58.5cm
- Rocker � 2in / 5cm
- TuffStuff Construction Weight � 50lbs / 22.7kg
- TuffStuff Expedition Construction Weight � 56lbs / 25.5kg
Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 850 lbs / 386kG